About the Tiger Athletic Foundation
Since 1987, Tiger Athletic Foundation (TAF) members have impacted the lives of Louisiana State University (LSU) student-athletes. The mission of TAF is “to assist LSU in building and maintaining a superior athletic program by providing private financial support for programs and facilities that ensure LSU student-athletes the opportunity to win in the classroom, in competition, and in life.”
TAF staff members support the day-to-day operations of the organization to support LSU Athletics. TAF staffers work with TAF members every day to provide LSU student-athletes with the tools they need to succeed on and off the field. TAF members provide the financial resources to make this happen for every student-athlete on every team.
TAF is currently seeking applicants for a President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The President and CEO is responsible for providing strategic leadership for TAF by working with the Board and Executive Committee, LSU system, LSU Athletics, and other management to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
The President and CEO has primary responsibility for the supervision of TAF staff and oversight of TAF office operations. Specific duties include:
- Understanding of and commitment to achievement of goals, values, and mission of TAF, including responsibility for growth and development of membership, philanthropic activity, and brand development.
- Dedication to teamwork, a positive attitude, and demonstrated behavior that promotes cooperation, builds trust, and reflects a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, diversity and inclusion, and equal employment opportunity.
- Demonstrates leadership of staff in maintaining a climate of excellence, accountability, and respect.
- Assures attainment of philanthropic goals, fundraising plans, and metrics by serving as the chief development officer.
- Builds close alliances with key business partners and donors to support an effective organization and assures related planning, relationship building and communications.
- Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization and assures adequate controls.
- Fosters a culture of philanthropy and assures a donor-centered organization that nurtures loyalty through a comprehensive relationship-building program.
- Directs construction and maintenance of capital projects for athletic venues as needed and budgeting/staffing responsibility for premium seating in various athletic venues.
- Demonstrates initiative and creativity in identifying and addressing strategic issues facing the organization.
- Provides suitable and timely information to the Board about key issues for discussion, analysis and decision making that allows the Board to set the agenda and focus of meetings.
- Assures process for selecting, developing, motivating, and evaluating staff.
- Recommends staffing, compensation, and financing arrangements to the Board. Recruits personnel, negotiates action.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Previous decision-making or executive experience in fundraising, philanthropy, college athletics and/or similar industries or fields.
- Track record of compliance with all regulations and policies for philanthropic organizations and good working knowledge of guidelines and regulations affecting and governing college athletics.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills to provide quality customer service, and ability to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders and business partners, including donors, guests, and persons associated with the University community and Athletic Department.
- Administration of and oversight of financial planning, budgeting, cost analysis, and recordkeeping to ensure financial success and vitality of philanthropic organization.
- Adherence to high moral principles including honesty, loyalty, sincerity, fairness, integrity; and an unwavering commitment to doing the right things in all circumstances.
The Tiger Athletic Foundation invites nominations and applications or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm assisting the Foundation. Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and list of references. For full consideration, application materials should be submitted to Parker Executive Search’s website. Confidential review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made.
For additional information, please contact:
Daniel Parker, Vice President and Managing Director
Grant Higgison, Principal
Parker Executive Search
Tiger Athletic Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more, see our statement of commitment.